Even if you’ve never travelled to Thailand, it’s easy to enjoy this Simple Pad Thai. Not only is it a breeze to put together, it’s also super healthy and nice and fast for a mid-week meal. Now, we’ve used chicken in ours, but you could easily swap that with the same amount of de-veined prawns.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 2 and 1/2 tsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 1 Chicken Breast Fillets 500 grams, thinly sliced
- 3 Spring Onion sliced
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1/2 Roasted Peanuts 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Coriander chopped
- 1 Limes cut into wedges, to serve
- 1 Rice Noodles 250 grams
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse under cold water when cooked, drain and set aside.
- In a jug mix together the lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar. Whisk well.
- Heat a wok on a high heat. Add the peanut oil and swirl it to coat the pan. Add the chicken and stir fry for a few minutes, or until golden.
- Add the onions and chilli, stir frying again for a few minutes. Add the noodles, and stir fry for a further few minutes.
- Add the lime juice mixture to the wok and toss to combine. Slowly pour the eggs over the noodles and stir fry until cooked, about one minute. Add the sprouts and toss, or serve on the side.
- Spoon the pad thai onto plates, sprinkle with coriander leaves and peanuts, and serve with lime wedges on the side.