Homemade Peanut Butter Bars
Homemade Peanut Butter Bars are terrific for kids snacks (if they’re not allergic to nuts!) and so delicious!!! I added some peppitas and dried cranberries to mine for a bit of colour. That’s the beauty of this recipe – you can really tailor it to your tastes and likes.
This recipe keeps for a week sealed in an airtight container in the fridge.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 60 grams Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter crunchy
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Bubbles
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- 1/2 cup Sultanas or chocolate buttons
- Line a lamington tin with baking paper.
- In a large saucepan combine the butter, honey, sugar and peanut butter over low to medium heat until the sugar is dissolved (don't let the mixture boil).
- Once the sugar is well dissolved, increase the heat until mixture boils, then remove immediately and stir in the rice bubbles, coconut, rolled oats and fruit (or chocolate).
- Stir until the mixture is well coated.
- Press the mixture firmly into the lamington tin and place in the fridge until cooled.
- Cut into bars or squares.