Smores are a big deal in America, but this Gooey S’mores Pie is a winner no matter what country you’re in.
Chocolate mixed with crumbly biscuit and sticky marshmallows are the perfect match, and you’ll have to stop yourself from going back for s’more!
If you get a bite of this Gooey S’mores Pie then you won’t be able to forget it that easily.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Mix your digestive biscuit crumbs with the brown sugar and the melted butter until well combined. Press this mixture into a pie casing of your choice, generally about 15-20cm in diameter.
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- While this is happening combine the milk and heavy cream in a saucepan on a medium heat. Watch it closely and as soon as it starts to simmer take it off the heat, add in the chopped chocolate and stir until all of the chocolate is melted. Then whisk in the sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- In a small bowl whisk your two eggs, and then take some of the chocolate mixture and pour slowly into the egg mixture while continuously whisking. Add this back into the chocolate mix and stir gently so just combined.
- Pour this chocolate mixture into your pie base and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the chocolate filling has set. Remove pie from oven.
- Set oven to grill/broil. While this is warming, top your pie with as many marshmallows as you can fit. If you have access to jumbo marshmallows, these work well. Pop back into the oven and watch closely while it grills, removing when the marshmallows are browned to your taste.
- Let the pie cool, and then once cool pop in the fridge for at least two hours before cutting. Cut with a warm knife to prevent too much sticking.