Did somebody say, Chicken Cordon Bleu?
Because I’m here for it!!!
Chicken Cordon Bleu is a essentially a chicken breast stuffed with ham and cheese, rolled in fresh breadcrumbs and baked until golden.
Our home-made version is messy — however it is so delicious you’ll never buy shop bought again!
It’s worth all the clutter!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 4 large Chicken Breasts skin off
- 4 tsp Garlic crushed
- 4 Cheese (tasty)
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs you can use pre-made, but fresh is best.
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Salt dash
- 1 Pepper dash
- 1 large Egg
- 8 Ham
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Using a very sharp knife, cut the chicken breasts in half length ways without cutting the whole way through.
- Spoon the garlic over the open chicken breasts until all used.
- Place a slice of ham on each of the halves, and add a slice of cheese to each chicken breast.
- Gently close the chicken breast tucking the contents in as much as possible. If they keep peeking out, secure the breast piece with a toothpick or two.
- In a shallow bowl beat the egg and add the milk and mix well.
- Set up a flat plate for the breadcrumbs and season them well with salt and pepper.
- Delicately roll the chicken piece in the egg wash, then thoroughly cover in breadcrumbs.
- Place the breaded chicken onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Finish all four pieces and space them out well on the baking tray.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes (depending on size of chicken breast) until golden and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken gordon bleu with a salad or steamed vegetables and a baked potato.